This banana bread recipe was given to me from my Mamaw (oh yes very midwest) and as you can see in the photo above the recipe is pretty old. The recipe itself is easy and the bread comes out super moist and delicious.
- 1/2 cup butter or oleo
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup banana
- 4 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 cup flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vinegar (which you’ll mix with the milk)
- Preheat over to 425 degrees.
- Put flour, salt and baking soda in medium bowl
- Mix together butter, sugar, eggs and banana
- Add in flour mixture
- In a cup add in your 4 tbsp of milk and your 1 tsp of vinegar and mix. Once stirred together, add to the rest of yoru ingredients.
- Mix everything until smooth and pour into a bread pan. i added some sliced almonds to my bread.
- Put in the oven and bake for about 25-30 minutes, check that it doesn’t get too done. You will know its ready when you put a toothpick in the middle and no batter is stuck to it.
- Let your bread cool, then slice and enjoy!
I originally was going to grill my chicken wings on my charcoal grill…but due to a windy afternoon I improvised with the oven…I do not regret this! These wings are crispy, juicy and honestly you’d thought they came right off the grill!
- 1-2lbs of chicken drumettes or chicken wings
- Dry Rub seasoning: Garlic powder, garlic salt, pepper, cayenne, onion powder, chili powder and Italian season
- 2TBSP of olive oil
- 1 large ziplock bag
- First lets get out chicken wings seasoned so they can soak up the seasoning for about 15-20 min prior to cooking.
- Put drumettes or wings in ziplock bag. Proceed to add in olive oil and seasonings.
- Zip bag and shake to spread and evenly coat chicken.
- Preheat oven to 475.
- Get a large baking sheet and cover with tin foil to save from a messy clean up.
- Place chicken on foil tray, evenly spread out.
- Put in oven once read, bake for about 15 min on one side, then pull out and flip chicken. Place back in oven for 15 min. (If you think your chicken doesn’t’ look cooked, keep in oven longer–you never want undercooked chicken!)
- Pull chicken out again, reflip so that the ski and then set your oven to broil.
- Place chicken back in oven and let broil for about 5-10 minutes. You just don’t want to burn your chicken to keep an eye on it. Once it looks good to your liking pull out.
This creamy dreamy addicting mac and cheese is one for the books. Its extremely simple, quick to make and delicious! Make it on the stove top and serve immediately or let is chill in a crock pot to keep it warm.
- 1 box macaroni and cheese
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 1 bag of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can of cheddar cheese soup
- Prepare macaroni on as directed
- While macaroni is cooking in a medium sauce pan begin to make your cheese sauce.
- Begin by melting your half stick of butter on medium high heat, I cut mine up so that it melts easier.
- Then begin slowly adding in about half of your cheese and mixing with the butter to melt it. Save the rest of the cheese for later.
- Next add in your can of cheddar cheese soup and mix together.
- Next you’ll add in your milk and heavy cream.
- Finally add in your sour cream and about half of the rest of the cheese.
- Check your stove temperature so that its not too hot to burn your sauce.
- You sauce should be creamy and gooey.
- Pour sauce over cooked and drained macaroni stirring together. Pour the last of the cheese in. If you sauce seems too thick or dry, you can always add in more milk, sour cream or heavy cream. When I had mine sitting in the crock pot I added in more cheese, sour cream and milk when I thought it was getting a little dry.
- Serve and enjoy!