It’s crispy, its crunchy…you’ll hate that its soo good! This is an easy recipe to make on the week day or weekend and enjoy with family!
- 1-2 cups flour
- 2 cups Italian bread crumbs ( I used Kroger brand)
- Chicken legs, thighs or breast
- 1 stick butter
- 3 eggs
- 2 TBSP milk
- 1 TBSP hot sauce
- Salt, pepper, cayenne, paprika
- Oven safe baking dish or tray (you’ll want deep enough for butter to not spill out)
- Begin by making your egg wash. Combine eggs, milk and hot sauce until completely mixed.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Pour your flour into a bowl/container and season with salt, pepper and any additional seasonings. Pour your bread crumbs also into a separate container.
- You’ll have 3 bowls or containers setup for this next process. And have your baking dish ready.
- Dunk your chicken into the flour mixture, shake off excess, dip into the egg mixture, then dunk into your bread crumbs and set in dish.
- Continue this until all your chicken has been properly coated.
- Melt your stick of butter in the microwave so that its liquid. Pour butter over chicken and into dish.
- Place your chicken in the oven for 20 minutes, pull out and flip and cook for an additional 20-30 minutes.
- Your chicken should be golden brown and a temperature at or above 165.
- Serve and enjoy!
If you were like me, you may have heard the words “suffering succotash” by a famous by Sylvester the cat. Who knew succotash was a delicious meal/side dish that’s easy to make and perfect for all those summer veggies available!
- 3 ears of corn or 1 bag of frozen corn
- 3 fresh okra pods, chopped
- 1 zucchini
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1 sweet yellow onion, diced
- 4-5 small sweet peppers
- 1-1 1/2 cups fresh green beans, snapped into small pieces
- 1 bag frozen Lima beans
- 1 TBSP fresh herbs, I used Tarragon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 stick of butter
- salt, pepper, chili powder, lime
- Begin by cooking your corn, I usually put my corn in the microwave on a plate and wrap the corn in a wet paper towel for about 4 minutes. But prepare as you see fit.
- While corn is cooking put your onion, okra, zucchini and peppers into a skillet with a little olive oil and saute until tender. Medium heat
- In the same skillet, now add your chopped green beans, corn and 1/2 of your butter.
4. Prepare your Lima beans and then add to your skillet with the rest of the butter and mayonnaise.
5. Season with salt, pepper and chili powder, add a little lime for a kick.
6. Now pour in your tomatoes and water. You want just enough water for all your veggies to marinate, not drown in. This will cook the green beans and make the Lima beans more tender.
7. Turn the heat up to high and bring to a boil. Once at a boil lower to medium/low and let cook for about 20-30 minute or until water is almost evaporated.
8. Serve and enjoy