This is technically not a roll, more of breakfast hot pocket of sorts. Anyway this is one of my favorite breakfast dishes and is the ultimate crowd pleaser! It taste what I’ve been told as biscuits and gravy but better. It’s super simple, delicious and cheap to make! Serves 8.
- 2 rolls of low-fat crescent rolls (they don’t have to be low fat but it’s what I use and I think they taste the best!)
- 1 package of cream cheese
- 1 roll of breakfast sausage ( I usually get mild)
- poppy seeds
- Preheat oven to what is listed on the crescent roll package.
- Put sausage in skillet and begin to cook.
- Cook sausage throughly and then turn down heat of stove and add in your cream cheese.
- Melt the cream cheese till it’s fully blended with the sausage.
5. On a non stick baking tray roll out one package of crescent rolls. It should be a long rectangle and make sure there are no holes in the dough.
6. Spread the sausage and cream cheese mixture over the crescent rolls evenly.
7. Take the second crescent roll and place over top. Fold in edges so it looks like a giant hot pocket. I also pinch together the top so there are no holes.
8. And lastly cover your now beautiful giant sausage pocket with poppy seeds.
9. Place in oven and bake until golden, about the same time as instructed on the crescent roll package. Check the middle with a fork, stick in the middle to make sure the dough is not raw before removing from the oven.
10. Sliced up and enjoy with family and friends !
This banana bread recipe was given to me from my Mamaw (oh yes very midwest) and as you can see in the photo above the recipe is pretty old. The recipe itself is easy and the bread comes out super moist and delicious.
- 1/2 cup butter or oleo
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup banana
- 4 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 cup flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vinegar (which you’ll mix with the milk)
- Preheat over to 425 degrees.
- Put flour, salt and baking soda in medium bowl
- Mix together butter, sugar, eggs and banana
- Add in flour mixture
- In a cup add in your 4 tbsp of milk and your 1 tsp of vinegar and mix. Once stirred together, add to the rest of yoru ingredients.
- Mix everything until smooth and pour into a bread pan. i added some sliced almonds to my bread.
- Put in the oven and bake for about 25-30 minutes, check that it doesn’t get too done. You will know its ready when you put a toothpick in the middle and no batter is stuck to it.
- Let your bread cool, then slice and enjoy!
I originally was going to grill my chicken wings on my charcoal grill…but due to a windy afternoon I improvised with the oven…I do not regret this! These wings are crispy, juicy and honestly you’d thought they came right off the grill!
- 1-2lbs of chicken drumettes or chicken wings
- Dry Rub seasoning: Garlic powder, garlic salt, pepper, cayenne, onion powder, chili powder and Italian season
- 2TBSP of olive oil
- 1 large ziplock bag
- First lets get out chicken wings seasoned so they can soak up the seasoning for about 15-20 min prior to cooking.
- Put drumettes or wings in ziplock bag. Proceed to add in olive oil and seasonings.
- Zip bag and shake to spread and evenly coat chicken.
- Preheat oven to 475.
- Get a large baking sheet and cover with tin foil to save from a messy clean up.
- Place chicken on foil tray, evenly spread out.
- Put in oven once read, bake for about 15 min on one side, then pull out and flip chicken. Place back in oven for 15 min. (If you think your chicken doesn’t’ look cooked, keep in oven longer–you never want undercooked chicken!)
- Pull chicken out again, reflip so that the ski and then set your oven to broil.
- Place chicken back in oven and let broil for about 5-10 minutes. You just don’t want to burn your chicken to keep an eye on it. Once it looks good to your liking pull out.
It’s crispy, its crunchy…you’ll hate that its soo good! This is an easy recipe to make on the week day or weekend and enjoy with family!
- 1-2 cups flour
- 2 cups Italian bread crumbs ( I used Kroger brand)
- Chicken legs, thighs or breast
- 1 stick butter
- 3 eggs
- 2 TBSP milk
- 1 TBSP hot sauce
- Salt, pepper, cayenne, paprika
- Oven safe baking dish or tray (you’ll want deep enough for butter to not spill out)
- Begin by making your egg wash. Combine eggs, milk and hot sauce until completely mixed.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Pour your flour into a bowl/container and season with salt, pepper and any additional seasonings. Pour your bread crumbs also into a separate container.
- You’ll have 3 bowls or containers setup for this next process. And have your baking dish ready.
- Dunk your chicken into the flour mixture, shake off excess, dip into the egg mixture, then dunk into your bread crumbs and set in dish.
- Continue this until all your chicken has been properly coated.
- Melt your stick of butter in the microwave so that its liquid. Pour butter over chicken and into dish.
- Place your chicken in the oven for 20 minutes, pull out and flip and cook for an additional 20-30 minutes.
- Your chicken should be golden brown and a temperature at or above 165.
- Serve and enjoy!
If you were like me, you may have heard the words “suffering succotash” by a famous by Sylvester the cat. Who knew succotash was a delicious meal/side dish that’s easy to make and perfect for all those summer veggies available!
- 3 ears of corn or 1 bag of frozen corn
- 3 fresh okra pods, chopped
- 1 zucchini
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1 sweet yellow onion, diced
- 4-5 small sweet peppers
- 1-1 1/2 cups fresh green beans, snapped into small pieces
- 1 bag frozen Lima beans
- 1 TBSP fresh herbs, I used Tarragon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 stick of butter
- salt, pepper, chili powder, lime
- Begin by cooking your corn, I usually put my corn in the microwave on a plate and wrap the corn in a wet paper towel for about 4 minutes. But prepare as you see fit.
- While corn is cooking put your onion, okra, zucchini and peppers into a skillet with a little olive oil and saute until tender. Medium heat
- In the same skillet, now add your chopped green beans, corn and 1/2 of your butter.
4. Prepare your Lima beans and then add to your skillet with the rest of the butter and mayonnaise.
5. Season with salt, pepper and chili powder, add a little lime for a kick.
6. Now pour in your tomatoes and water. You want just enough water for all your veggies to marinate, not drown in. This will cook the green beans and make the Lima beans more tender.
7. Turn the heat up to high and bring to a boil. Once at a boil lower to medium/low and let cook for about 20-30 minute or until water is almost evaporated.
8. Serve and enjoy
This pork tenderloin looks fancy and hard, but I swear its easier than you think. A delicious meal and only takes 30 min? I mean who wouldn’t want to try this?!
- 1 lb pork tenderloin
- 4 strips of Serrano ham (can also use prosciutto, bacon, probably even turkey bacon!…the Serrano ham was on sale at Aldi for $3)
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- Skillet, baking pan and meat thermometer (if needed)
- Dry your tenderloin with paper towel; preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Season your tenderloin with salt and pepper
- Layout our serrano ham (or meat strips of your choosing)
- Roll the tenderloin up
5. Add your olive oil to your skillet, once the pan is hot– sear your pork tenderloin on all sides. Start by searing the bottom where your strips end to close the seal around the tenderloin (if the strips don’t hold use toothpicks to keep it together)
6. Once all sides are seared, put tenderloin on foil lined baking sheet and put in the oven.
7. Bake for 8 minutes, then turn, bake for another 8-12 minutes. Always check your meat temperature when not sure. Your pork should be 140-150, I’d say 145 to be safe.
8. Cut on the diagonal, serve and enjoy.
- 3/4 cup finely diced strawberries, plus some for garnish
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Graham cracker pie crust, make your own…or I got a pre-made one for 85 cents at Aldi.
- 1 package of cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Start by creating a thick whip cream. You will combine your heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar in a medium size bowl, beat with an electric mixer until its thick and creates peaks. Set this to the side.
- In a separate large bowl combine your cream cheese, diced strawberries and sugar. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Slowly add in your whip cream and mix; until fully combined. Pour into your graham cracker crust.
Garnish with strawberries and chill in fridge for at least an hour and serve. Enjoy!