This creamy dreamy addicting mac and cheese is one for the books. Its extremely simple, quick to make and delicious! Make it on the stove top and serve immediately or let is chill in a crock pot to keep it warm.
- 1 box macaroni and cheese
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 1 bag of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can of cheddar cheese soup
- Prepare macaroni on as directed
- While macaroni is cooking in a medium sauce pan begin to make your cheese sauce.
- Begin by melting your half stick of butter on medium high heat, I cut mine up so that it melts easier.
- Then begin slowly adding in about half of your cheese and mixing with the butter to melt it. Save the rest of the cheese for later.
- Next add in your can of cheddar cheese soup and mix together.
- Next you’ll add in your milk and heavy cream.
- Finally add in your sour cream and about half of the rest of the cheese.
- Check your stove temperature so that its not too hot to burn your sauce.
- You sauce should be creamy and gooey.
- Pour sauce over cooked and drained macaroni stirring together. Pour the last of the cheese in. If you sauce seems too thick or dry, you can always add in more milk, sour cream or heavy cream. When I had mine sitting in the crock pot I added in more cheese, sour cream and milk when I thought it was getting a little dry.
- Serve and enjoy!