This…this recipe…is just..ASTOUNDING. Impress your family, coworkers, your neighbor…like beyond delicious! This recipe takes a little time due to dough rising, like a few hours..but they keep well and warm up perfectly.
Cinnamon roll dough
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1 cup milk (warmed)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup softened butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups flour
Cinnamon roll filling
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 granny smith apples
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 5 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
Cream cheese icing
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 7 tbsp softened butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 1/2 cups of powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Starting with the dough–warm milk on stove, pour in a bowl and add in yeast to dissolve.
- In a separate bowl add your sugar, butter, salt, eggs and flour. Mix to fully combined, I mix by hand.
- Next pour in your milk/ yeast mixture and mix until combined.
- Now we will let hte dough rise for an hour, cover with a cloth and let rise till its about double its size.
- While this is rising, we will get the apples ready! Peel skins off apples, and dice into pieces.
- Place apples in a skillet, add butter and sugar. Cook apples on stove at about medium, until apples are tender.
- Once apples are ready, place in a bowl and mix them with the additional apple ingredients. Set aside.
- Next lets get the filling ready, get another bowl–mix together softened butter, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Your filling is ready and now your dough should be ready to rollout!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface, make into a large recetangle shape.
- Melt some butter in the microwave until it is liquid. You will then brush this on the dough leaving about an inch for the edge.
- Now spread on your filling evenly and then spread on your apple filling.
- Once ready you are then going to roll this into a log–about 12-15 inches long.
- Have a greased pan ready to place cinnamon rolls in.
- Cut rolls into about 2 inches thick, should get about 12.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, you will then cover your rolls with a damp paper towel for 30 minutes and let them rise again.
- Place in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes until dough it cooked.
Now for the finishing touches! Lets get the icing started!!
- First we will do the carmel icing, that will go on first then get covered with the cream cheese icing.
- In a medium sauce pan, melt your butter and brown sugar until the sugar is dissolved at about medium heat.
- Next add in your condensed milk and bring to a boil on medium high heat for about 2 minutes. You will need to watch this carefully so it doesn’t burn.
- Remove from heat, stir and then spread over your rolls.
- For the cream cheese icing, mix together softended cream cheese and butter until creamy.
- Then mix in your vanilla and milk. Add salt, and then gradually mix in your powdered sugar.
- Spread icing over the carmel icing.
- Serve and Enjoy!
This creamy dreamy addicting mac and cheese is one for the books. Its extremely simple, quick to make and delicious! Make it on the stove top and serve immediately or let is chill in a crock pot to keep it warm.
- 1 box macaroni and cheese
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 1 bag of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can of cheddar cheese soup
- Prepare macaroni on as directed
- While macaroni is cooking in a medium sauce pan begin to make your cheese sauce.
- Begin by melting your half stick of butter on medium high heat, I cut mine up so that it melts easier.
- Then begin slowly adding in about half of your cheese and mixing with the butter to melt it. Save the rest of the cheese for later.
- Next add in your can of cheddar cheese soup and mix together.
- Next you’ll add in your milk and heavy cream.
- Finally add in your sour cream and about half of the rest of the cheese.
- Check your stove temperature so that its not too hot to burn your sauce.
- You sauce should be creamy and gooey.
- Pour sauce over cooked and drained macaroni stirring together. Pour the last of the cheese in. If you sauce seems too thick or dry, you can always add in more milk, sour cream or heavy cream. When I had mine sitting in the crock pot I added in more cheese, sour cream and milk when I thought it was getting a little dry.
- Serve and enjoy!
When one finds mushrooms discounted for a $1.00 at Kroger, you need to find something to make and I decided to make stuffed mushrooms. First time making them and they were just bliss. Perfect for any occasion and sure to impress your family and friends!
- Baby bella mushrooms
- 1 half sweet onion
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 1 package of cream cheese
- about 1/3 cup of Italian bread crumbs
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 clove garlic
- Salt/pepper/red crushed pepper/garlic salt/Italian seasoning
- Preheat over to 425 degrees
- Wash your mushrooms thoroughly and carefully PLUCK the stems from the mushrooms, creating a hollow shell of a mushroom top.
- Put the mushrooms tops in one bowl and set your stems in another.
- We’ll come back to tops at the end.
- We’re going to make the filling for the mushrooms by mincing, cut into tiny pieces, the mushroom stems and onion. Chop your Spinach fine also and lastely mince you garlic.
- Add your mushroom stems, onion, garlic and spinach into a pan; add your olive oil and sautee until onions and mushrooms become tinder.
7. Once tinder, season with salt and pepper and add in your cream cheese. Make sure the temperature is on low so you don’t burn your cream cheese or other ingredients.
8. Mix your cream cheese, Parmesan and begin seasoning! Our filling our should well combined and smooth. When you’re happy with the flavor we can begin filling your mushroom tops!
9. Line your mushroom tops on a foil lined baking sheet, fill with a spoonful of filling.
10. Finish them off by sprinkling the bread crumbs over top.
11. Place in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes. Around 15-20 minutes begin checking on your mushrooms to make sure they’re not burning. The mushrooms should turn a deeper brown and kind of flattened out adn tops should be a good deep golden brown.
12. Plate and enjoy! A double bonus for this is, if you have left over filling, you can save this and serve it as a cracker spread or dip! Cheers!