This banana bread recipe was given to me from my Mamaw (oh yes very midwest) and as you can see in the photo above the recipe is pretty old. The recipe itself is easy and the bread comes out super moist and delicious.
- 1/2 cup butter or oleo
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup banana
- 4 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 cup flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vinegar (which you’ll mix with the milk)
- Preheat over to 425 degrees.
- Put flour, salt and baking soda in medium bowl
- Mix together butter, sugar, eggs and banana
- Add in flour mixture
- In a cup add in your 4 tbsp of milk and your 1 tsp of vinegar and mix. Once stirred together, add to the rest of yoru ingredients.
- Mix everything until smooth and pour into a bread pan. i added some sliced almonds to my bread.
- Put in the oven and bake for about 25-30 minutes, check that it doesn’t get too done. You will know its ready when you put a toothpick in the middle and no batter is stuck to it.
- Let your bread cool, then slice and enjoy!
This creamy dreamy addicting mac and cheese is one for the books. Its extremely simple, quick to make and delicious! Make it on the stove top and serve immediately or let is chill in a crock pot to keep it warm.
- 1 box macaroni and cheese
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 1 bag of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can of cheddar cheese soup
- Prepare macaroni on as directed
- While macaroni is cooking in a medium sauce pan begin to make your cheese sauce.
- Begin by melting your half stick of butter on medium high heat, I cut mine up so that it melts easier.
- Then begin slowly adding in about half of your cheese and mixing with the butter to melt it. Save the rest of the cheese for later.
- Next add in your can of cheddar cheese soup and mix together.
- Next you’ll add in your milk and heavy cream.
- Finally add in your sour cream and about half of the rest of the cheese.
- Check your stove temperature so that its not too hot to burn your sauce.
- You sauce should be creamy and gooey.
- Pour sauce over cooked and drained macaroni stirring together. Pour the last of the cheese in. If you sauce seems too thick or dry, you can always add in more milk, sour cream or heavy cream. When I had mine sitting in the crock pot I added in more cheese, sour cream and milk when I thought it was getting a little dry.
- Serve and enjoy!
It’s crispy, its crunchy…you’ll hate that its soo good! This is an easy recipe to make on the week day or weekend and enjoy with family!
- 1-2 cups flour
- 2 cups Italian bread crumbs ( I used Kroger brand)
- Chicken legs, thighs or breast
- 1 stick butter
- 3 eggs
- 2 TBSP milk
- 1 TBSP hot sauce
- Salt, pepper, cayenne, paprika
- Oven safe baking dish or tray (you’ll want deep enough for butter to not spill out)
- Begin by making your egg wash. Combine eggs, milk and hot sauce until completely mixed.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Pour your flour into a bowl/container and season with salt, pepper and any additional seasonings. Pour your bread crumbs also into a separate container.
- You’ll have 3 bowls or containers setup for this next process. And have your baking dish ready.
- Dunk your chicken into the flour mixture, shake off excess, dip into the egg mixture, then dunk into your bread crumbs and set in dish.
- Continue this until all your chicken has been properly coated.
- Melt your stick of butter in the microwave so that its liquid. Pour butter over chicken and into dish.
- Place your chicken in the oven for 20 minutes, pull out and flip and cook for an additional 20-30 minutes.
- Your chicken should be golden brown and a temperature at or above 165.
- Serve and enjoy!