This banana bread recipe was given to me from my Mamaw (oh yes very midwest) and as you can see in the photo above the recipe is pretty old. The recipe itself is easy and the bread comes out super moist and delicious.
- 1/2 cup butter or oleo
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup banana
- 4 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 cup flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vinegar (which you’ll mix with the milk)
- Preheat over to 425 degrees.
- Put flour, salt and baking soda in medium bowl
- Mix together butter, sugar, eggs and banana
- Add in flour mixture
- In a cup add in your 4 tbsp of milk and your 1 tsp of vinegar and mix. Once stirred together, add to the rest of yoru ingredients.
- Mix everything until smooth and pour into a bread pan. i added some sliced almonds to my bread.
- Put in the oven and bake for about 25-30 minutes, check that it doesn’t get too done. You will know its ready when you put a toothpick in the middle and no batter is stuck to it.
- Let your bread cool, then slice and enjoy!
Looking for a lil sweet and savory dessert, that is guilt free and easy to make?
- 2-3 pears whole
- Spreadable goat cheese
- 2 TBSP honey
- Candied almonds (I found these in Kroger in the salad section!)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Start by slicing your pears length wise in thin slices, about 1/4 of an inch thick
- Place your pear slices on a foiled covered baking sheet and place in oven for 20 minutes. Your pears should be tender and easy to cut with a fork. Be sure to check on your pears as they cook to not have them over cook.
- You have 1 of 2 options, in the last 3-5 minutes of cooking adding your goat cheese to the pears to cook or waiting until after they’ve cooked to add your cheese. I personally add my cheese after.
- While they’re still hot, spread on goat cheese and garnish with honey and almonds.
- Serve and enjoy!
- 3/4 cup finely diced strawberries, plus some for garnish
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Graham cracker pie crust, make your own…or I got a pre-made one for 85 cents at Aldi.
- 1 package of cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Start by creating a thick whip cream. You will combine your heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar in a medium size bowl, beat with an electric mixer until its thick and creates peaks. Set this to the side.
- In a separate large bowl combine your cream cheese, diced strawberries and sugar. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Slowly add in your whip cream and mix; until fully combined. Pour into your graham cracker crust.
Garnish with strawberries and chill in fridge for at least an hour and serve. Enjoy!