This banana bread recipe was given to me from my Mamaw (oh yes very midwest) and as you can see in the photo above the recipe is pretty old. The recipe itself is easy and the bread comes out super moist and delicious.
- 1/2 cup butter or oleo
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup banana
- 4 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 cup flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vinegar (which you’ll mix with the milk)
- Preheat over to 425 degrees.
- Put flour, salt and baking soda in medium bowl
- Mix together butter, sugar, eggs and banana
- Add in flour mixture
- In a cup add in your 4 tbsp of milk and your 1 tsp of vinegar and mix. Once stirred together, add to the rest of yoru ingredients.
- Mix everything until smooth and pour into a bread pan. i added some sliced almonds to my bread.
- Put in the oven and bake for about 25-30 minutes, check that it doesn’t get too done. You will know its ready when you put a toothpick in the middle and no batter is stuck to it.
- Let your bread cool, then slice and enjoy!
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter ( I used salted)
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp of fresh ginger (I got a little piece from Kroger for .09 cents)
- lemon zest
- 1 cup powder sugar
- 4-6 tbsp lemon juice
Cream cheese frosting
- 1 package cream cheese
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Lemon juice/zest if desired
- Starting with you dry ingredients–combine flour, baking powder and salt in a side bowl–we’ll come back to this.
- In your main mixing bowl put your softened butter and sugar. Turn your mixer on medium and mix till its fluffy. Then one at a time beat in your eggs.
- Once eggs are fully mixed in add in your sour cream, lemon juice, ginger, vanilla and lemon zest! Mix well. You batter should be light and airy.
- Next slowly mix in about half your dry ingredients.
- Add in your buttermilk, then add in the remaining dry ingredients.
- The flour should be nonexistent because its mixed so well. (I totally tried my cake batter…and it was delicious…so that’s a good start)
- Your oven should be ready and so now we’re going to butter or spray your bundt pan. use non stick baking spray or I just used butter and lathered that pan so my cake would slide out.
- When you’re ready, add in your cake mix and bake for 70 minutes.
- You’ll know your cake is ready when you stab it with a fork and no batter comes up with it.
- Let your cake cool for about 5 minutes, then if you’re brave have a plate ready and slide your cake out carefully.
- While your cake is still warm, we’re going to add on the glaze.
- Take your powdered sugar and combine with your lemon juice.
- The mixture should liquefy, so if its pasty add in more lemon juice.
- Once your mixture is ready slowly cover your cake. (I did mine kind of in a design at first, then when I decided I wanted frosting just completely covered)
- Let your cake cool then proceed to enjoy or make some icing to add to the deliciousness.
- Add in your cream cheese and softened butter in a bowl and mix well.
- Slowly add in your powdered sugar and vanilla
- Beat until creamy (I started off with a hand mixer then as it got thick switched to a spoon)
- If you’re looking for more lemon flavor add in some lemon juice adn zest at this point and taste, taste, taste!
- Make sure your cake is cool and ice to your liking.
Grab some milk and enjoy!