Did you know one average size tomato is just about 22 calories ? Yeah that’s it. So if you’re wanting a side dish that’s filling and literally no calories, you need to make these herb marinated tomatoes.
- 2 to 3 medium tomatoes sliced
- 1 bunch of fresh parsley
- fresh basil
- 1 shallot
- olive oil
- 1/2 tsp red wine vinegar
- sea salt
1) Slice tomatoes and put in a bowl
2) Chop basil and parsley about 2 tbsp worth and add to tomatoes
3) Finely dice shallot and add to tomatoes
4) Pour vinegar over tomatoes then pour over about 3 -4 tbsp of olive oil. Mix herbs and tomatoes throughly.
5) Season with sea salt and a sprinkle of pepper. Let stand for an hour before serving at room temperature. Enjoy!