So I kept seeing these posts of people making hamburger sliders using zucchini as the buns—and I thought man those look good! So I went searching for large zucchini to make for the sliders and only could find small zucchini for sale.
Using the zucchini that I could find and fueling my desire to make hamburgers with zucchini I came up with this casserole! It’s probably one of the best things I’ve made in a long time. It’s filling, it’s easy to make, and it’s vegetables I’m eating! Get the taste of a ‘Big Mac’ without the calories or fat.
- 1lb 93% lean ground beef
- 4 small to medium zucchini
- 4 slices of cheddar cheese
- 3-4 TBSP of Sir Kensington’s Special Sauce
- 1 sweet onion
- 1/2 cup of Bread crumbs
- 2 TBSP of olive oil
- Sesame seeds
- seasonings: salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne, paprika, dried parsley, cumin
- Heat oven to 425 degrees
- Place ground beef in a bowl, season with salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika
- Create 6 thin patties and cook in a nom stick skillet for about 2-3 per side on medium high heat. Place on plate.
- While you’re cooking your patties cut your zucchini in long strips. Place on paper towel and cover with paper towel to get rid of water.
- Dice up your onion and set aside.
- mix bread crumbs with salt, pepper, garlic powder, parsley, paprika and cayenne. Mix in olive oil till all bread crumbs are evenly coated.
- Now it’s time to assemble the casserole. Place strips of zucchini on the bottom of your pan.
- Next spread special sauce over zucchini strips. Next place burgers on zucchini.
- place 4 slices of cheese across burgers. Next add a little more special sauce and sprinkle onions over top.
- Take the test of your zucchini and cover everything. Finally spread crumbs over top and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake in over for 25-30 minutes or until top is golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy your low carb Big Mac!