These Mexican Street corn potato boats are simple to make, use limited ingredients and are perfect for summer!
(Serving for 2, double recipe as needed)
- 5 golden potatoes
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 bag of frozen corn
- 1/2tbsp of mayo
- 1/4 cup red onion diced
- cilantro for garnish
- 1 lime or lime juice
- seasonings for beans: salt, pepper, onion powder
- seasoning for corn: salt, pepper, 1/2 tsp cayenne, chili powder, garlic powder
- Sour cream for garnish
- Heat oven to 425 degrees, place potatoes whole in baking sheet. Cover potatoes with a a sprinkle of olive oil and coat evenly around potatoes. Season outside with salt and pepper. Cook potatoes for 20 min or until knife can cut into potatoes effortlessly.
- Heat can of black beans on stove. Add seasoning and let simmer.
- Cook corn as instructed on package. Place corn in a small bowl. Add seasoning to corn once finished cooking. Stir in mayonnaise.
- Once potatoes are ready, carefully slice in half, scoop out 85% of potato filling. Set potato filling aside, save for another recipe or eat later.
- Finely dice red onion.
- In a small bowl add in some strained beans and corn, mix together. Fill potato boats with mixture. Top with red onion, some lime juice, cilantro and a dollop of sour cream
- Serve and enjoy!