One of my favorite things for breakfast is granola and yogurt. Having spent many a pretty penny on my fancy store bought granola thought I’d finally just make my own and save some money. This is a simple recipe, can be customized to your liking and very delicious!
- 5 1/2 tbsp of butter melted
- 1/3 cup of honey (I added in just a little extra)
- 2 egg whites
- 3 cups oats
- 1 cup nuts (I used sliced almonds and walnuts)
- 1/2 cup seeds (I used pumpkin)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2-1 cup of unsweetened coconut shavings
- 1tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tbsp all spice
- 2 tsp nutmeg
- Dash of salt
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- Pour your oats, nuts, coconut and seeds into a bowl.
- Next add in your butter, egg whites and honey.
4. Mix well and add in your seasoning.
5. Finally mix in your dried berries.
6. Pour out your mixture onto a baking sheet and spread out evenly.
7. Bake for 50-60 minutes and stir every 15min.
8. Pull out of oven and let cool.
9. Finally enjoy!