I was 30 years old when I discovered apple butter doesn’t contain butter…
This recipe is super easy, you can make it while you work or while you’re enjoying a lazy Sunday. You can use right away or can what you make. Apple butter not being canned should be good for about a week in the fridge. This makes for a perfect gift for friends and family…and its made from apples sooo its totally healthy right?! Ha.
- 1 5lb bag of gala apples
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tbsp all spice
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- Immersive blender or regular blender
- Remove skins from apples and dice into small pieces.
- Add all diced apple pieces into to crock pot and add sugar, cinnamon, all spice, nutmeg and cloves. Mix well.
- Set crockpot setting to low and let cook for about 5 hours. Apples should be soft and beginning to caramelize.
4. Next you’ll want to carefully blend apples with an immersive blender or a regular blender.
5. Place back in crockpot on low for an additional 3 hours to thicken up. Correct spices as needed.
6. Can or use right away–serve and enjoy!