Mashed potatoes are kind of a staple in the Midwest, so finding a low calorie substitute is hard! However, this cauliflower mash doesn’t make me miss potatoes at all! They’re thick, creamy and fantastic plain or with some gravy. Super easy to make and great for leftovers.
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 TBSP butter
- 1-2 TBSP of parmesan cheese
- Garlic Salt
- Garlic powder
- chives or green onion for garnish
- Begin by chopping up your cauliflower into small pieces. Place pieces in a pot, cover with water, place on stovetop and bring water to a boil. It should take 10-12 minutes or until cauliflower is soft and can be easily pierced with a fork.
2. Once cauliflower is tender, place in either a food processor or blender. Mix until smooth and creamy.
3. Place now smoothed cauliflower in a bowl, add in your butter and sour cream. Mix until fully combined.
4. Next add in your cheese, add more cheese if you desire more than 1 TBSP. Mix until melted.
5. Finally season your mash to your liking and enjoy!