This…this recipe…is just..ASTOUNDING. Impress your family, coworkers, your neighbor…like beyond delicious! This recipe takes a little time due to dough rising, like a few hours..but they keep well and warm up perfectly.
Cinnamon roll dough
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1 cup milk (warmed)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup softened butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups flour
Cinnamon roll filling
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 granny smith apples
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 5 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
Cream cheese icing
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 7 tbsp softened butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 1/2 cups of powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Starting with the dough–warm milk on stove, pour in a bowl and add in yeast to dissolve.
- In a separate bowl add your sugar, butter, salt, eggs and flour. Mix to fully combined, I mix by hand.
- Next pour in your milk/ yeast mixture and mix until combined.
- Now we will let hte dough rise for an hour, cover with a cloth and let rise till its about double its size.
- While this is rising, we will get the apples ready! Peel skins off apples, and dice into pieces.
- Place apples in a skillet, add butter and sugar. Cook apples on stove at about medium, until apples are tender.
- Once apples are ready, place in a bowl and mix them with the additional apple ingredients. Set aside.
- Next lets get the filling ready, get another bowl–mix together softened butter, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Your filling is ready and now your dough should be ready to rollout!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface, make into a large recetangle shape.
- Melt some butter in the microwave until it is liquid. You will then brush this on the dough leaving about an inch for the edge.
- Now spread on your filling evenly and then spread on your apple filling.
- Once ready you are then going to roll this into a log–about 12-15 inches long.
- Have a greased pan ready to place cinnamon rolls in.
- Cut rolls into about 2 inches thick, should get about 12.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, you will then cover your rolls with a damp paper towel for 30 minutes and let them rise again.
- Place in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes until dough it cooked.
Now for the finishing touches! Lets get the icing started!!
- First we will do the carmel icing, that will go on first then get covered with the cream cheese icing.
- In a medium sauce pan, melt your butter and brown sugar until the sugar is dissolved at about medium heat.
- Next add in your condensed milk and bring to a boil on medium high heat for about 2 minutes. You will need to watch this carefully so it doesn’t burn.
- Remove from heat, stir and then spread over your rolls.
- For the cream cheese icing, mix together softended cream cheese and butter until creamy.
- Then mix in your vanilla and milk. Add salt, and then gradually mix in your powdered sugar.
- Spread icing over the carmel icing.
- Serve and Enjoy!