This is technically not a roll, more of breakfast hot pocket of sorts. Anyway this is one of my favorite breakfast dishes and is the ultimate crowd pleaser! It taste what I’ve been told as biscuits and gravy but better. It’s super simple, delicious and cheap to make! Serves 8.
- 2 rolls of low-fat crescent rolls (they don’t have to be low fat but it’s what I use and I think they taste the best!)
- 1 package of cream cheese
- 1 roll of breakfast sausage ( I usually get mild)
- poppy seeds
- Preheat oven to what is listed on the crescent roll package.
- Put sausage in skillet and begin to cook.
- Cook sausage throughly and then turn down heat of stove and add in your cream cheese.
- Melt the cream cheese till it’s fully blended with the sausage.
5. On a non stick baking tray roll out one package of crescent rolls. It should be a long rectangle and make sure there are no holes in the dough.
6. Spread the sausage and cream cheese mixture over the crescent rolls evenly.
7. Take the second crescent roll and place over top. Fold in edges so it looks like a giant hot pocket. I also pinch together the top so there are no holes.
8. And lastly cover your now beautiful giant sausage pocket with poppy seeds.
9. Place in oven and bake until golden, about the same time as instructed on the crescent roll package. Check the middle with a fork, stick in the middle to make sure the dough is not raw before removing from the oven.
10. Sliced up and enjoy with family and friends !