This is probably the best discovery since sliced bread…French carrot salad—taking the regular side dish to a whole new level! It’s easy, it’s cheap and it’s damn good! Not only is it fancy looking, it’ll easily impress all your friends! Take Memorial Day weekend up a notch with this dish!
- 6-7 large carrots, peeled and then grated or use a mandolin to slice thin
- 3/4 TBSP honey
- 1 TBSP Dijon mustard
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1-2 TBSP dices shallots
- 1clove garlic minced
- 2-3 TBSP parsley
- 1-2 TBSP lemon juice
- salt/pepper to season
- Grate your carrots, they should be shoestring/paper thin. You’re pretty much going for a coleslaw cabbage consistency. I used my mandolin on the 1 setting to get them thin. I broke the carrots in half to keep the size consistent so they weren’t long strings.
- Once your carrots are ready, add in your garlic, shallots, honey, Dijon and olive oil.
- Give everything a big stir then season with salt and pepper.
- Add in your parsley and finish with a good spritz if lemon juice! Adjust seasoning as needed.
- Serve and enjoy !!