When one finds mushrooms discounted for a $1.00 at Kroger, you need to find something to make and I decided to make stuffed mushrooms. First time making them and they were just bliss. Perfect for any occasion and sure to impress your family and friends!
- Baby bella mushrooms
- 1 half sweet onion
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 1 package of cream cheese
- about 1/3 cup of Italian bread crumbs
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 clove garlic
- Salt/pepper/red crushed pepper/garlic salt/Italian seasoning
- Preheat over to 425 degrees
- Wash your mushrooms thoroughly and carefully PLUCK the stems from the mushrooms, creating a hollow shell of a mushroom top.
- Put the mushrooms tops in one bowl and set your stems in another.
- We’ll come back to tops at the end.
- We’re going to make the filling for the mushrooms by mincing, cut into tiny pieces, the mushroom stems and onion. Chop your Spinach fine also and lastely mince you garlic.
- Add your mushroom stems, onion, garlic and spinach into a pan; add your olive oil and sautee until onions and mushrooms become tinder.
7. Once tinder, season with salt and pepper and add in your cream cheese. Make sure the temperature is on low so you don’t burn your cream cheese or other ingredients.
8. Mix your cream cheese, Parmesan and begin seasoning! Our filling our should well combined and smooth. When you’re happy with the flavor we can begin filling your mushroom tops!
9. Line your mushroom tops on a foil lined baking sheet, fill with a spoonful of filling.
10. Finish them off by sprinkling the bread crumbs over top.
11. Place in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes. Around 15-20 minutes begin checking on your mushrooms to make sure they’re not burning. The mushrooms should turn a deeper brown and kind of flattened out adn tops should be a good deep golden brown.
12. Plate and enjoy! A double bonus for this is, if you have left over filling, you can save this and serve it as a cracker spread or dip! Cheers!