This is a simple side dish or a meal in itself. Easy to make within 15 minutes, delicious and keeps well!
- 1 1/2 cup orzo
- 3 cups chicken stock (if youre vegetarian you can use vegetable stock or water)
- 1 medium zucchini, finely chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped mushrooms
- Fresh herbs (I used parsley, rosemary and thyme…you can buy them in premade packets at Kroger FYI)
- 2-4 TBSP olive oil
- Salt/Pepper and garlic powder
- Add 1 TBSP of olive oil to your skillet on medium high heat, pour in your orzo. Saute your orzo for about a minute to give them color.
- Add in your chicken stock and turn up the heat to boiling, add in your fresh herbs and salt/pepper. Once boiling, cover with lid and cook until stock is almost evaporated. About 6-10 minutes. Watch to make sure your orzo doesn’t burn if all stock evaporates.
- While your orzo is boiling, in a separate skillet saute your zucchini and mushrooms in olive oil. Once they’re tender add to your orzo and season with salt, pepper and garlic powder. (If your orzo or veggies are crunchy, it’s not done cooking.) Taste taste taste! Correct seasoning as needed.
- Cook low to low-medium for about 5 minutes or until ready to eat. Garnish with a little parmesan and enjoy.