- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter ( I used salted)
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp of fresh ginger (I got a little piece from Kroger for .09 cents)
- lemon zest
- 1 cup powder sugar
- 4-6 tbsp lemon juice
Cream cheese frosting
- 1 package cream cheese
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Lemon juice/zest if desired
- Starting with you dry ingredients–combine flour, baking powder and salt in a side bowl–we’ll come back to this.
- In your main mixing bowl put your softened butter and sugar. Turn your mixer on medium and mix till its fluffy. Then one at a time beat in your eggs.
- Once eggs are fully mixed in add in your sour cream, lemon juice, ginger, vanilla and lemon zest! Mix well. You batter should be light and airy.
- Next slowly mix in about half your dry ingredients.
- Add in your buttermilk, then add in the remaining dry ingredients.
- The flour should be nonexistent because its mixed so well. (I totally tried my cake batter…and it was delicious…so that’s a good start)
- Your oven should be ready and so now we’re going to butter or spray your bundt pan. use non stick baking spray or I just used butter and lathered that pan so my cake would slide out.
- When you’re ready, add in your cake mix and bake for 70 minutes.
- You’ll know your cake is ready when you stab it with a fork and no batter comes up with it.
- Let your cake cool for about 5 minutes, then if you’re brave have a plate ready and slide your cake out carefully.
- While your cake is still warm, we’re going to add on the glaze.
- Take your powdered sugar and combine with your lemon juice.
- The mixture should liquefy, so if its pasty add in more lemon juice.
- Once your mixture is ready slowly cover your cake. (I did mine kind of in a design at first, then when I decided I wanted frosting just completely covered)
- Let your cake cool then proceed to enjoy or make some icing to add to the deliciousness.
- Add in your cream cheese and softened butter in a bowl and mix well.
- Slowly add in your powdered sugar and vanilla
- Beat until creamy (I started off with a hand mixer then as it got thick switched to a spoon)
- If you’re looking for more lemon flavor add in some lemon juice adn zest at this point and taste, taste, taste!
- Make sure your cake is cool and ice to your liking.
Grab some milk and enjoy!