Unlike Italian bruschetta, this recipe is simple and leaves out the cheese and garlic.
- Cherry/grape tomatoes, I usually pick up the medley pack at Kroger. The colors make your dish really pop
- Olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- Balsamic Vingar
- Fresh Basil
- Salt and pepper
- Italian seasoning
- Parmesan or mozzarella cheese
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Take your baguette and begin slicing on a diagonal, creating little slices
- Once you have the amount you’d like of bread slices, set them aside
- To give the bread some flavor outside of jsut toasted bread, we’re going to make a seasoning.
- Pour in about 2 tbsp of olive oil, add in italian seasoning, salt, pepper and give it a good stir
- Now dip one side of the bread into your oil mixture and place on a baking tray
- Begin mincing your clove of garlic then spread over your bread slices
- When your oven temp is ready place in oven. These will cook about 10 minutes. Watch to make sure they’re not burning, since everyone’s oven is different
- Begin cutting up your tomatoes and place in a bowl
- Once all tomatoes are diced, add in about 2 tbsp of olive oil , 1/2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar, 1 tbsp of fresh cut basil and then season with salt and pepper. Taste Taste Taste! I found that its better to use less vinegar at first then can add in more if needed. Then I adjust the seasoning.
- Check on your bread, this is about the time where its starting to turn golden. If you’re wanting to add some cheese, this is when I’d pull out my bread from the oven sprinkle some on and place back in the oven to get it melted and finish toasting the bread.
- Once your bread is at the crisp level you’d like add your tomatoes and serve.